Sunday, November 4, 2007

Check this out.....plus a four letter word!!




For those that may not know, I had a back injury that occurred at work back in March. At first, it was just hurting alot and it limited me to do certain things. Eventually, I got a tingly feeling running down my leg that lasted for a couple months. When my back wasn't hurting, the pain in the back of my leg was really bad. During this time I was going to the clinic and getting a ton of therapy. But I was getting the same results, pain! Some days were really bad and some days were just a discomfort. I had to quit the "set up team" to keep myself from possibly getting worse by a mistake in bending over wrong or not being in correct posture or whatever. I'm sure Charlie was thrilled about that....sorry bro.




Well eventually I had an M.R.I. done to see what was going on with me. It's at a point where if I stand for a certain period of time I have a ton of pain shooting down my left leg. I need to sit to stop the pain and bring it down to a more tolerable level. Walking seems to be better than just standing. But anyway, I thought it would be cool to show you guys what the M.R.I. looks like and what it says..




I want to share with you a four letter word that is very offensive to me. DIET. Yup, I need to get on a diet. I am 6 feet tall and weigh............a cool 270lbs. I noticed that when I drop in weight my pain decreases.(yes, I am a genious.....whatever) I know to some people that may be totally obvious but I think I was just avoiding the issue. The issue of me having the drive to avoid bad foods and take care of my body, the right way. In preparation for India, I want to be the best physically as well as spiritually. The planning genious that I am, I choose to lose weight during Halloween, Thanksgiving, Christmas and New Years. You guessed it, I need some prayer...


I will keep you updated on my progress....late.

1 comment:

MLasch said...

O.K. Rene, YOU CAN DO THIS!! I know the D-word is painful one, but it's far less painful than not being able to pick up your boys or serve the Lord the way you want to. I am so behind you in this.

I really want to encourage you!!