Monday, August 27, 2007

Just a thought....



Usually on Mondays, I sit at the dinner table and work on "the flow" for Lifegroup. Sundays and Mondays are my time to really study God's Word. I was at the table trying to slow down and concentrate on just what God was trying to communicate. As I started to pray I looked at my wife, Jenny. She was getting dinner ready for us and I was just taking her in. Wow, how long has it been since we first met? As she's getting dinner ready, she's just totally focused on "her mission." I am so thankful to God for her. I can already think back to our 1st date.....The Spike and Mike- Sick and Twisted Animation Festival midnight showing in Long Beach. Man, things were so much easier back then, as you can tell I was pretty smooth in showing a lady a good night....whatever. I can think of other times that were not so easy. Wow, its been a crazy ride, who would ever have guessed back then where we would be. I'm looking at what a woman she's become, and I'm so amazed. I can reluctantly remember on two separate occasions when we held two beautiful baby boys in our arms...............and had to give them back to God. Life can be really tough sometimes.........really tough. As believers in Christ we say God is in control and he has a purpose and a plan, it still sucks sometimes. Regardless, God is with us sustaining us through those times. What a woman he has created in her, I couldn't imagine going through life with anyone else by my side. I am so proud of her.... she catches me staring at her..... She's like "Whats wrong?" I'm like "Um......could you grab me a Coke Zero with ice"..................wow, I am a jerk.

3 comments:

MLasch said...

You are amazing! This post made me cry!!

Lori said...

Wow Rene. That was so powerful - very well written. You and Jenny are such a great couple, and it's neat to see how God knew that you needed each other. Thanks for sharing (oh yeah it's a secret) those thoughts. I won't tell though.

Rick Bambrick said...

Rene - wow. Powerful. You are blessed indeed.