Sunday, May 25, 2008

Larry Shewfelt - Happy Birthday!

For those of you who don't know who Larry Shewfelt is, you are missing out.... The first time I saw Larry was on the stage of Revolution at the El Dorado Campus when we would meet in this small auditorium. He went up on stage and looked very confidant and when he started to share his testimony he began to cry. Cry!? I was touched by his honesty and his willingness to open his heart to everyone. He spoke, we listened....
How would I've known? Little did I know that I would later have the privelage of being his friend, serving with him side by side in India, serving with him at the Long Beach Rescue Mission, playing music with him or even being in the same Lifegroup sharing our faith and experiences while growing in our walk together. I am thankful for his wisdom in Lifegroup, and his boldness in playing guitar and taking me with him.
Larry you are great friend, and happy birthday! I'd say wishing you another 60yrs, but there are a couple problems.....
1. Another 60yrs puts you around 120yrs old....not good.
2. 60 more years wouldn't help your golf game....hah!
Anyway, Larry we love ya, let the good times roll, and just so you know, the first time, when I went on the stage and shared my testimony, I cried too.....see what you started! Have fun bro!

No comments: