Wednesday, August 22, 2007

Angels vs. New York Yankees 8/20/07....1 yr ago...


"My first post anniversary, one year ago when I started this blog, these were my first "recorded" thoughts of a baseball game with Matthew.. "

Thanks to Dennis and Rhonda Crawford for the tickets to the game!! Wow, there is something about baseball games that just takes me back.. I am not a huge baseball fan, but being at the game is definitely different than watching it on TV. As soon as Matthew, on my shoulders, and I approached our seating section, I could smell the peanuts, hot dogs, mustard, relish, cotton candy and then something happened to me. Just like that, bam! I was carrying Matthew on my shoulders and he was so much younger, years ago when we were at a Dodger game . It was our first baseball game together. I almost had forgotten that day when I walked out on top deck with him on my shoulders, looking down at the field and feeling........good. Now were getting to our seats and I notice he's growing up so fast. The atmosphere and the conversations around us about stats and players just draws us in. When the game starts he's cheering at the top of his lungs, I'm cheering. We're having a great time enjoying the game, he's asking a ton of questions. I slow down and just can't stop looking at him and how much he's grown. God is so amazing..... stress, life, work, and worries were put on hold tonight for a few hours. What a great night, cool people around us, great game, Angels won 6-5. I'm full of all these emotions for my kids, wife and realizing how grateful I am to God, I get home and Jenny asks me "How was the game?" Instead of telling her everything that happened to me "inside", I'm like, "yeah, it was alright."............I'm such a jerk.

1 comment: